Tuesday 20 October 2009

Sync iPhone Contacts & Calendar with Outlook - Part Two - Calendar

Calendar

I went for a Google solution for my contacts because it's based on push technology so the phone & Outlook will sync every hour (user variable) without human intervention. (Google don't provide sync for contacts or I'd have sorted both data sets via Google).

  1. Download & install to your PC 'Google Calendar Sync' from here
  2. Tell iTunes to stop syncing Calendar
  3. Sign up for a free Google (Gmail) account if you haven't got one already
  4. Sync your info from Outlook with a One Way sync to Google
  5. Set up iPhone sync by following instructions at here
  6. CHECK EVERYTHING IS OK - particularly check that you haven't got a zillion duplicate entries before switching syncs to Two Way.
I hope these entries help, they're just the result of a load of Googling and a bit of trial and error which I thought I'd share. Good luck, if you find better free solutions please post them in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment